Why is this important?
If you don’t have a food delivery policy, every delivery will be handled differently. That will create confusion for delivery workers, users, and staff. A clearly written and communicated policy will help ensure a consistent and reliable food delivery experience, every time.
A food delivery policy should cover the following:
● Restaurant meal deliveries.
● What to do when the Pod is full or with items that don’t fit (large pizzas)
● Grocery deliveries.
● Meal kit deliveries sent through UPS, Fedex, Amazon or USPS.
● Prohibited items like alcohol and non-food packages.
● Pickup windows and food safety.
- Write a Food Delivery Policy (template available here).
- Provide a copy of the Food Delivery Policy to your staff and tenants.
- Include the Policy when onboarding new staff and tenants.